The service consists of
- Assessment and Fit (one appointment where possible)*
- Patient will remain in our pathway should they require removal of ear wax prior to assessment and fitting. No re-referral will be required.
- Follow up (within 10 weeks)
- Annual review
- Aftercare including replacement batteries and repair for 3 years
- Battery replacement service is available at all centres, by post or telephone request 01924 898784.
The service aims to fit Open Fit or Receiver in the Ear devices in 80% of patients. These can be fitted in the same appointment. Patients requiring a moulded device will require a further appointment.
e-Referral (formerly the Choose and Book system)
To find Audiology on the e-Referral system please take the following steps.
Choose the following speciality - Diagnostic physiological measurement
Choose the following clinic type - Audiology - Hearing Assess / Reassess
Audiology Fax Referral
Please complete relevant referral form (which can be found below) Fax completed to: 01924 895744
Eligibility criteria for the service
- Patients registered with a NHS Wakefield District CCG General Practice aged over 19
- Patients registered with a NHS North Kirklees CCG General Practice aged 55 or over
Patients must also:
- Be free of occluding wax prior to referral
- Not have experienced any sudden hearing loss in the last 3 months
- Not have an asymmetrical hearing loss of recent origin
- Not have unilateral distressing or pulsatile tinnitus
- Not have a recent new episode of rotational vertigo