- Orthopaedic surgery
- Hip Revision Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Partial knee replacement
- Revision hip surgery
- Revision knee surgery
- Incidence of fat embolism during hip and knee replacements
- Cementation technique in hip replacement
- Setting up local arthroplasty database
- Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics - Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Consultant trauma & orthopaedic Surgeon - Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust based at Pinderfields and Pontefract Hospitals
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- British Orthopaedic Association
- General Medical Council
- British Orthopaedic Association Medical Protection Society
I am involved routinely in the management of trauma at Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust and I am an instructor at the advanced trauma life support courses.
As part of my six-year registrar rotation in the UK I have trained in three arthroplasty jobs of eight months duration each with consultants who have a special interest in lower limb arthroplasty.
I have completed a six-month fellowship in lower limb arthroplasty at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh. In addition to general orthopaedics my special interest is lower limb arthoplasty (primary and revision). I am also interested in implant technology and instrument design.
I am in touch with recent developments in the field of lower limb arthroplasty by attending courses and meetings both national and international.
I have presented papers and case reports at arthroplasty meetings.
I have a few on-going research projects in hip and knee arthoplasty.